Sunday, October 4, 2009

WWE Hell in a Cell Predictions

Tonight the WWE will be presenting Hell in a Cell live on Pay-Per-View. WWE has a tough challenge ahead of them, as their new PG image may hinder the quality of this ppv. The Hell in a Cell is a match that is very brutal and destructive by nature. The history of this match contains a massive amount of blood, which is something the WWE has removed from their current programming. The WWE has succeeded before presenting some very dramatic matches, including the brawl between Orton and Cena at Breaking Point. Hopefully they will be able to pull off the same tonight.

Before I get into the matches that are known to be on the show, a rumor has just popped up that a R-Truth vs. Drew McIntyre match has been added to the card. If this is true, I feel it can be a great addition to the show. This is a feud that has been heating up in the last couple weeks and I am looking forward to seeing it culminate in a match. Since this is Drew's first ppv appearance I have a hard time seeing him lose. I will give this match to Drew McIntyre.

Now to the matches actually announced to be on the card. John Morrison will be defending his Intercontinental title against Dolph Ziggler. These two rising stars are extremely talented in the ring. I see some very innovative wrestling happening in this bout. The storyline behind this match hasn't been very great, but the match will be on fire. Hopefully Dolph can knock the Mr. Ziggles insult out of Morrison's head so that we don't have to hear that again. Dolph needs a title reign, but I don't see it beginning tonight. I think the WWE would like to continue this feud for possibly another month. Morrison will be getting the victory in this one.

Batista and the returning Rey Mysterio have a chance at winning the Unified Tag titles tonight as they face Chris Jericho and Big Show. This match will be a good one. There will be a ton of experience in this match, so I feel that it will be hard to disappoint. I'm sure Rey will want to put on one hell of a match in his return to the ring. Seeing Jericho and Rey go at it will be a great treat. Seeing as the WWE would love to keep their top heels on both shows, I have a hard time seeing Jericho and Show losing. They will get their victory tonight. Most likely by cheating, but a victory nonetheless.

Kofi Kingston has a tough match ahead of him as he defends his US title in a Triple Threat match versus Jack Swagger and the Miz. Considering Kofi has been champion for months now and has done nothing with it, I see him losing tonight. Swagger physically has the best chance of winning, but I feel the Miz can do a bit more with that belt. Miz has the talent on the mic to be able to make this belt important again. Due to this I see Miz coming out of this one with the strap.

DX and Legacy will be having a rubber match, but this time in the Hell in a Cell. They put on a wild and confusing match at Bragging Rights, but within the confines of the Cell I see this one being a lot better. I feel like this may mark the end of this feud, as DX may need to move on and Triple H possibly getting back into the title picture. There have been lots of rumors of DiBiase turning face very soon, and this may be the perfect opportunity to make that happen. It is obvious Ted is the more talented star of the team. I see Cody losing the match and Ted getting angry. Then possibly getting involved in Orton's match later in the night.

John Cena and Randy Orton will be battling in the Hell in a Cell as well tonight. The terrible preview to this match we had on Raw did show some promise of making this a dramatic affair. Cena just won the title a few weeks ago, and I don't see this title reign ending as quick as his last one. I see DiBiase causing a stir in this match, possibly costing Orton the title. This will turn DiBiase into a face in time for the promotion vehicle to start for his upcoming movie, The Marine 2. And what better way to have that happen than to help the star of the first Marine movie win the match.

Mickie James defends the Divas title against Alicia Fox. The less said about this match the better. I expect to see Alicia with the belt when I get back from the bathroom.

Straight Edge World Champion CM Punk will have his first Hell in a Cell match versus the man that invented the thing, the Undertaker. Now according to reports online, Undertaker is not in the best of shape. His hip seems to be a big factor in the future of his career. I almost don't want to see this match happen because I know Undertaker would not want to give us anything less than 100% in such a high profile match. I really don't want Taker to get hurt and possibly shortening his career even further. With that said, I do see CM Punk losing the title tonight. This match will be the classic we all deserved to see as Breaking Point. Punk has had the title for a bit now, and I see the WWE maybe wanting to give Taker one last title reign before his eventual retirement.

I am looking forward to seeing what WWE gives us tonight. I am a big fan of the Hell in a Cell match type, but giving us three in one show has the danger of it getting old. WWE is a company that can pull it off, so I don't expect this one to get boring. I will be back tomorrow to talk about how my predictions did.

Remember to subscribe to the blog. It's really easy, just put your email right there on the left. Or sign up for the RSS feed, it's just as good. If you would like to send me an email with your thoughts on what is going on in wrestling feel free. JFiveJ5@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment